Wednesday 17 February 2021

DFI - Week 2


Video Blog


It has been another jam packed day of DFI learning.  I felt great success in becoming a bit more familiar with setting up a Google Meet in my calendar and inviting the lovely Helen, from Maria's bubble, to join me in discussing a wonderful poem written by a year 8 student at Panmure School honouring  her Tongan ancestory.  I successfully embedded our video discussion around the beautifully written poem by Fau, above.

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
I enjoyed listening as Dorothy Burt unpacked the acronym RATE. Her explanation that digital technology is a gift of opportunity bestowed upon this teaching/learning generation is only at its' best when it has effective teaching/pedegogy behind it was so pertinent!

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Becoming more familiar with the Google suite of tools/apps will, over time and with practice, be a huge assest in organising my thoughts, work, collaboration, etc.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
Definitely being more up to the play on blogging, embedding videos, etc will be a great assest in a 1:1 digital year 5/6 classroom.
In addition, I like the idea of having all tabs pertaining to any given topic in one folder so all is just a click away.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Exploring Google Keep as a way to get share, record ideas, links, pics. This is an app I am not too familiar with but can see it having a huge impact on how I record and share information in the weeks, month ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lisa,
    I agree, as you are confident with the google tools that your learners are using you are more effective as a teacher.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Lisa, I'm pleased that so many things resonated with you last week. It's very true that effective teacher practice is always the most important factor. But knowing your way around all the tools of the trade certainly is helpful! I too love Google Keep. I use it as an interactive shopping list. Meaning someone at home can add to it while I am at the shop! Or if I send someone else to the shop for me, I can add images for things where I need a specific item!
    Nga mihi
    Stef

    ReplyDelete

External Recognition

Google Certified Educator - Level 1 I did it!  My certificate for passing the Google Certified Educator Level 1.   I feel a great sense of s...